Monday, February 05, 2007

IF YOU SHOULD GO AWAY

IF YOU SHOULD GO AWAY

If you should go away

Then my heart wouldn’t weep

For I’d know then we were made of clay

If I should wake and find you gone

Then my eyes wouldn’t cry

For I’d know this was a lie

Oh no, say it can’t be

That’s all just the guard on my heart

For I love you so, yet how can that be

How can I love you; I must be a fool

Should I show my face or bluff

Hide ‘til I know you love me too

I don’t know any other face

Than the one you see

This deck is dealt in its entirety

Either you love who I am

Or you perceive less than me

I cannot pretend to be more than whom you see

My face is unmasked

My body lies naked before you

I breathe you in yet never exhale

I taste your scent only to curtail

This longing within

Upon knowing your touch

Oh perhaps one day I’ll be sure

Of your yearning for this moment

Perhaps one day I’ll believe

You truly love me

11/20/05

No comments: