Monday, February 05, 2007

GLIMMER OF HOPE

GLIMMER OF HOPE

~ A Day In The Prison Life ~

We are the same

You and me

The look in your eyes

Is one of pain

Seeking for a glimmer of hope

The limp in your stride

Is one of struggle

Yet the tears shed

Release and relieve

Grant a momentary levity

As I look into your eyes

I see all of us

We are the same

Sisters, brothers, fathers, mothers

All looking for the light of day

The glimmer of hope to restore our way

I wonder what has brought you here

What roads, which forks

Where you went left instead of right

Which pain did you choose to befriend

The one that betrays in the end

As it trips us up and holds us down

To choose a better way

To walk a narrower path

To dream a bolder view

To live instead of waste away

We are the same

You and me

Dec. 3, 2005 – Dallas, TX

No comments: