Monday, February 05, 2007

AT YOUR BIDDING

AT YOUR BIDDING

What is it you receive from me, I’ll never quite know

Though I’m glad for the exchange just the same

Where have I been all your life; you ask how

I reply – making mistakes that would lead me to you

Though I can’t say I’m grateful for the pain in the path

Neither am I sad for the countless ways

I have missed the mark

Yet I would live it all over again if it meant

‘Twas the only way to be here with you now

For never have I known such compassion and grace

As it’s now reflected in you from my dear savior’s face

You must’ve known his mercy – to have walked in my shoes

Since now you speak to me, Love, where I’ve known disgrace

To tell you I love you is less than what’s real

I have longed for and sought for this moment to steal

On this earth you encompass the One I adore –

My Shepherd who has sought me and wooed me before

As you love my Lord with your very core, it’s true

My love is yours with passion yet to be unleashed

Your heart I adore, yet with longing I await

At your bidding, “dear come, let’s rest. . . stay”

No comments: