Monday, February 05, 2007

GUARD ON MY HEART

GUARD ON MY HEART

Let there be a guard upon my heart

For there’s a tenderness in me

I know it’s from You

Yet in myself I cannot shield from the world

The only source of strength – I’ve found is in You

You’re the one who loves me

Beyond all measure

The stars in the sky sing of your love for me

I wait for you here

All the beauty in this world displays your creativity

How You think of me – I do not understand

Your ways, oh Lord, are higher

Your love, oh Lord, vast beyond the sea

Your thoughts toward me – precious Lord,

You think of me

Your tenderness, Oh Lord, is what I seek

Let my eyes focus on you

The Maker of my soul

These longings stem from you

Yet here I know not what to do

So many questions linger in the haze of my mind

I cannot figure which way to go

Lord, I rest here in your comfort, so kind

Be the contentment of my soul

* * *

Florida - Nov. 2004

No comments: