Monday, April 23, 2007

Island to Shore

Costa Azul, Mexico - June 2006

Though eyes are open
They don't seem to see
Darkness seems to cover
The essence of the need
It's there he can hide
In the surreal - the solitary
What sustains on this island
What swirls in this heart

Though hands are loving
They don't seem to move toward another
Though hearts are willing
They don't seem to feel

How you seem to enjoy your island
The place of solitude where you linger
What is it that thrills you there
Or is it you feel free from care
How you gleam within your moment

I stand alone on my island
Wondering if you see my smile
Wishing to be near you for awhile
Yet near you is never enough
As near you is all you allow
I wish to be within you to know your soul
The place you bring no one
This is the place I long to be one with you
Will my thirst ever be quenched
Will my hunger ever be satiated
Or will I remain here hoping you crave this love
from my island to yours


Some days you swim to my shore and harbor for awhile
Times of bliss
Moments I crave
When your eyes are no longer solo
Yet melding with mine

At times I feel you see the heart within
Yet I turn away
The tug of war is
I want to stay forever with your eyes
Melting into mine
Your soul in union with mine
Come to my harbor and swim for awhile
Let it linger

1 comment:

Harry C said...

This was abeautiful expression of your willingness to trust a man (defined as a male not ruled by his fear of failure) and long for him to enter into your heart. This man will have to thoroughly search out your island as well as your heart to find the real you.