Thursday, March 29, 2007

Your Heart For A Stone

You traded your heart for a stone

Guess it was easier to choose

The path of least resistance

You traded your kindness for alone

Perhaps the frown was safer than the smile

I admit I stopped looking for you

I tried enough to say I tried

Then I lost my courage and ran to hide

Oh, could it have been different

Or is this where we’re to be where we were meant to be

You traded your heart for a stone

Has that been easier to harden alone

You jaded what was fragile

You placated what was stabile

Until there was nothing left to muster

Nothing left to squander or save

I throw my hands up and surrender

Wave my white flag alone

You traded your broken heart for a stone

You traded your wounded heart for a stone

You liked it better that way

If only I could’ve loved you to healing

If only I could’ve looked past myself enough to see

You were loving me, you were loving me

Instead I traded your heart for a stone

No comments: